Binge Eating Disorder
What is it?
Binge eating disorder is represented by a distinct set of symptoms.
- Eating large quantities of food in a short period of time
- Eating although not hungry
- Eating more rapidly than normal
- Feeling guilty or remorseful afterward
- Eating in secret
Everyone has periods of overeating, but when it becomes a regular habit, and it is causing great distress in someone’s life, there is help available.
Binge Eating Disorder is dangerous to both an individual’s physical and emotional well-being. It requires professional treatment (not a diet!) and frequently patients with Binge Eating Disorder also have co-occurring disorders that need to be treated as well.
How can we help?
Just like with our other disorders, we take a personalized approach to helping the patient heal and recover. In general, we aim to:
- Help the patient to cease binge eating episodes.
- Provide the patient with a binge eating treatment plan created by our team of professionals.
- Rewrite the narrative the patient has with their relationship with food
- Help the patient deal with any other psychiatric illness or psychological challenges associated with their disorder.
- Assist them in creating coping skills and ways to regulate their emotions during and after treatment
Free Binge Eating Disorder Assessment
Are you or someone you know struggling with Binge Eating Disorder? We offer a free assessment to find out what the problem might be and how we can help you heal and recover. There is nothing to be ashamed about, and we’ll be right by your side every step of the way.
Take back the power and control in your life
Call our office (760) 777-7720 for a FREE confidential consultation.