What is it?
Bulimia Nervosa is a very serious eating disorder where an individual overeats and then purges their food to maintain their weight. The purging includes but isn’t limited to; self-induced vomiting, the abuse of laxatives and/or diuretics, over exercise and spitting.
Those suffering from Bulimia Nervosa feel like they have no control over their eating habits and can be combined with body dysmorphia (the inability to see your own body objectively). The individual will become obsessed with losing weight, thus repeating the cycle of overeating and purging at the expense of their health.
How Can We Help
Mind Over Body aims to treat those suffering from Bulimia Nervosa by helping the individual;
- Pinpoint which emotions might be triggering the bulimic symptoms
- Discover unidentified issues or disorders linked to the illness
- Develop coping skills to deal with the feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and stress.
- Escape the cycle of purging by introducing healthier ways to cope with the triggers
- Strengthen confidence in themselves so they can make healthy lifestyle decisions that will lead to a fulfilling life.
- Focus on the person holistically by addressing issues on a physical, psychological and emotional level.
Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder that starts slowly, so the sooner the symptoms can be dealt with the better. We are here to help you at any stage of the disorder. Schedule your first session today and let the healing begin.
Take back the power and control in your life
Call our office (760) 777-7720 for a FREE confidential consultation.